Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekly Reader

A couple of days ago I shared Scholastic as a resource. Today I want to give you another resource for your child care... Weekly Reader. Maybe you remember bringing these home from school. I've been past that age for a while (as have my children) but I think that many schools still use these weekly magazines as an educational tool for their students.

I also provide the Pre-Kindergarten issues to the children in my family child care. They are an excellent activity and subscription comes with a planning calendar, activities, reproducibles, teacher's resources and more. Though not free, it is fairly low cost and is an great way to help the children in your care with literacy skills and looks very professional to their parents. I know that the families in my child care have been enthusiastic about receiving these issues every week.

Even if you don't subscribe, the Weekly Reader website has some great activities for children and some resources for you to share. There is even a free e-mail newsletter that you can subscribe to with many ideas for your child care. There is also part of the web site set aside for families and parent information.

If you are looking for a relatively low cost way to provide an additional service to the children and families in your care, I recommend taking a look at the Weekly Reader program. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Free web site stats