Monday, December 04, 2006

Child Care Wildlife...

We've had our share of wildlife at my child care.  (No, I'm not talking about the children.)  We daily watch the birds, squirrels, and chipmunks that frequent the feeders that I have around the yard.  We even occasionally see deer, hawks, and once a bald eagle... But, this would be neat!

I suppose living in Minnesota would make it possible, but I think we are much to far south for this to happen.  If it did, think of the learning experience you could provide.  I already know what book I'd read and that would lead into the craft and maybe the snack for the day. We could build an entire day's curriculum around one event happening at the child care!

That's the fun part of childcare... taking ordinary (or in this case, extraordinary) circumstances and turning them in to learning experiences.  Sounds simple, doesn't it?  When you get to the point where you are doing this automatically you will have come a long way towards providing quality child care.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Free web site stats