Monday, March 26, 2007

They Did "Nothing" Today...

When your child comes home at the end of the day
The questions you ask as they run out to play
"Did you have Fun? What did you do today?"
And the answer they give makes you sigh with dismay
"Nothing. I did nothing today."
Perhaps nothing means that I played with some blocks,
Or counted to ten, or sorted some rocks.
Maybe I painted a picture with red and some blue,
Or read a story about a mouse that flew.
Maybe I watched gerbils eat today,
Or went outside on the swings to play.
Maybe today was the very first time
That my scissors followed a very straight line.
Maybe I led a song from beginning to end,
Or played with a special brand-new friend.
When you're in child care
And when your heart has wings
"Nothing" can mean so many things!

Author Unknown

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Free web site stats