Friday, June 19, 2009

A Favorite Poem...

It's Friday again. I hope that you had a great week. Just wanted to take a moment today to share a poem about child care providers that I really enjoy. It was given to me by one of the parents in my child care...
Forever In Your Heart
Although you are not their mother
You care for them each day,
You cuddle, sing and read to them
And watch them as they play.
You see each new accomplishment,
You help them grow and learn.
You understand their language,
You listen with concern.
They come to you for comfort,
And you kiss away their tears.
They proudly show their work to you,
You give the loudest cheers!
No, you’re not their mother,
But your role is just as strong.
You nurture them and keep them safe,
Though maybe not for long.
You know someday the time will come,
When you will have to part.
But you know each child you cared for,
Is forever in your heart!
I am off work next week and will be leaving on Tuesday to travel to Baltimore for the National Convention for the National Association for Family Child Care. I am training a couple of workshops and am looking forward to meeting some friends that I only get to see during this convention. It is a great time.
Have a great weekend, especially to all you fathers on Father's Day this Sunday!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Free web site stats